Thursday, November 6, 2008

Awestruck

It's now been 2 days since the world changing elections. We have our first African American President. It's still really hard to believe. There were alot of matters during this last election that caused alot of friction and alot of upset for many people. In California they had proposition 8 which if passed would ban gay marriage. That was quite the huge deal. I do have to admit I was a very sad when that ban passed. It's very disapointing. I am not meaning for myself but for those I know who that denies rights for them to be with the one that they love in a recognized union. I believe that everyone should have the right to be with the one that they love regardless of race, gender or any other matter. Everyone is entitled to be miserable and who are we to deny that right to them? If anything that just reaffirms my lack of desire to ever be married. Why should I be able to marry someone that I love when I have friends that wouldn't be able to do the same? How is that considered fair? It's legalized segregration.... I just don't get how people can say that a marriage between 2 people of the same sex ruins marriage and causes the decline of family. It's not like because it's legal people will be okay there saying switch to this side or like they can make you become gay....like they are going to convert you- Honestly how ridiculous is that? Seriously. It's a shame it really is. As a county in many ways we have come along way from even just a few decades ago but in other ways are are just as behind as ever. I feel awestruck thinkng about all those things and amazed. I hope that one day we are able to all be equal in every aspect and everyone can have the same rights as I do.

No comments: